BK Avocats is a pluridisciplinary business law firm with an international purpose based in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, which provides legal and tax services to local and international companies.
The firm’s activity covers all business law as well as tax law in their internal and international dimension.
We intervene upstream to support and advise companies in their day-to-day and exceptional operations, but also downstream to represent and defend them in the event of a dispute.
Divided into Tax Advice, Legal Advice and Business Litigation departments, the Firm works on all issues relating to the law applicable to companies and their managers.
Thanks to our mastery of the law, our know-how and our knowledge of the business sectors of our clients, we offer innovative legal solutions to the problems we are faced with.
We favor a pragmatic approach with a multidisciplinary perspective in order to provide concrete and complete legal solutions.
Whenever necessary, we have recourse to experts, consultants and external professionals from related trades, such as chartered accountants, notaries, bailiffs, financial advisers, etc.
We work in French and English.
Our firm relies on the ethical values that are shared by all our employees and guide our daily practice.
Our firm is based on the ethical values of our profession which are shared by all our members and guide our daily practice.
We operate independently in the interest of our clients without any relationship of subordination.
We limit ourselves in all our interventions to probity which implies integrity, honesty and rectitude.
We work in loyalty by strictly respecting our word and the commitments made with our customers.
Our diligence leads us to punctually bring attentive and applied care to the services we perform in order to advise and defend our clients in the best of their interests.
We ensure the confidentiality of all information of which we become aware in the context of our missions.
We bring our expertise to our clients in our main areas of expertise.
The firm's expertise is organized around three Departments:
The Legal Department covers assistance and legal advice to businesses. Its mission is:
– support promoters for the creation, modification, transformation or even restructuring of their businesses;
– to advise and assist companies on their day-to-day or exceptional legal issues;
– to advise and assist foreign investors for the legal structuring of their projects and investments in Burkina Faso.
The Tax Department covers tax assistance and tax advice for businesses. Its mission is:
– to advise and assist companies on their current and exceptional tax issues;
– support companies in preparing their tax returns and in their relations with the tax authorities;
– to assist companies during tax audits, tax adjustment procedures and in the event of tax litigation.
Business Litigation Department
The Business Litigation Department covers the assistance and representation of companies in the settlement of disputes related to the life of their business. Its mission is to:
– to generally ensure the defense of the interests of companies in commercial disputes (conciliation, mediation, arbitration, litigation proceedings before state courts);
– particularly to ensure the recovery of commercial debts of companies.